Classes & Lectures
Working from an 8”x10” photo, we will make a one-of-a-kind thread sketch. We will use a free-motion quilt foot and introduce you to bobbin work.
- 3-4 : 8 ½ x 11 or larger black and white photos or sketches
- 1-2 fat quarters (keep in mind that this is background and your thread needs to show up well)
- ½ – 1 yard medium -heavy weight stabilizer – may be fusible interfacing
- Thread – prefer medium to heavy weight cotton thread ( must be dramatically different from the fabric color)
- Fine point marking pens/pencils
- Basic sewing supplies
- Free-motion foot
- Extension table for sewing machine is helpful
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Small light table if available
Here are some thread sketches that were done in class. They all did great. It was neat to see the different things that they all picked to do.