It has been a very busy week!
A friend of ours is expecting her first baby (girl) in June and her baby shower is this next Saturday. I struggled with a new pattern and found this sweet design in a magazine. She is doing the nursery pink/brown, so I tried to put in a lot of pinks.
The eyes are hand sewn with embroidery floss.
The backing is a dark brown flannel. I still have to write on her label. I loved this striped binding!
I used a new thread for the quilting and I LOVED it. It is Aurafil cotton thread (50 weight) and it was a joy to use. I used a #12 needle and had no problems with fraying thread or skipping stitches. I will be adding this to my rayon thread for quilting. I had used it on a small sample at my Mom’s a year or so ago, but had not found anyone in the area that sold it. The Quilting Station in Pace now has the whole line! I like to take my quilt to pick out the thread instead of seeing a color swatch on-line as it often ends up being the wrong shade.
I have finished the blue section on the guild’s quilt and am now working on the flying geese! This section should only take 3-4 more hours and then on to the corners and outer border. It is almost at the 40 hour mark, I anticipate it will be done by 65 hours. (we’ll see if I am right)