The last month at Guild meeting, I saw an incomplete quilt top with lots of potential on the “free table”. The members often bring fabric scraps, old pattern and magazines, and occasionally a UFO that they do not want to complete.
I saw the frogs and snatched it up. I did re-do the eyes and then added the borders. I put it on the long-arm with a polyester thread. I quilted up beautifully. I even made myself do pebble work in the center and borders – with success.
I like the skinny inner border and matching binding. I machine stitched the binding since it will probably be given to a child – well loved and washed often. I had a great piece of grass fabric already in my stash.