To get the whole story on the fractured quilts see the previous post. The second fabric I used was very subtle. I actually cut it into the 4 – 4 1/2 inch squares, just as the pattern had instructed. It makes the finished squares about 3/4 inch. I have really worked on my piecing and pressing with this project. Since I usually do free-form curved piecing the 1/4 inch seam is really a pain, but I have a wonderful foot for my sewing machine with a guide that helps me a lot.
Notice the fracture is very soft.
The next fabric I used was cowboys with trucks. I did this with the larger blocks (9 inch) and really like the movement. I will put a block of the uncut fabric on the back.
This quilt really makes your eyes hurt if you look at it too long.