I have been horrible about writing on the blog lately. To help me not feel so guilty, I am going to put pictures of my progress on quilts on Instagram and Facebook, if you would like to follow the updates my name on these sites is – IWquilt.
I have also decided to help myself in the naming of my linen quilts – basically I will name them as part of a series from now on. I am going to include the year, size code, and what number it is in the series – for example 2016.1.1 (year, size code”runner=1, Small table=2. Large linen=3, and how many of that type I have done. Hopefully that is not too confusing and everyone will catch on quickly. Here goes….............
Vintage Linen 2016.2.1
I feel in love with this small linen. The edges were beat up so I decided just to trim them off and just binding the edge of the linen. Often I add a colored piece of fabric and make a border around the quilt. This linen did have a few small stains but the embroidery work was in great shape and so pretty. I did some outline stitching to help the embroidery pop and then some micro-stippling and small pebbling. The bobbin in the picture is a class “M” longarm bobbin which is larger than a stand bobbin which gives some idea to the scale of the stitching. I was going to add this quilt to my Etsy shop – but it sold to a friend. =)