I have started a new project today. I decided that it may be more fun for my intermediate free-motion students to stitch out a “quilt.” I have LOVED working on my Bernina. I am using a burnt orange rayon thread with a solid tan top. The backing is a fun green leaf and butterfly piece that I have had in my stash for quite some time.
This is different from how I usually plan out quilting in a whole-cloth. I usually try to repeat designs and make the eye travel from the center out to the border. With this design, I am trying to incorporate as many designs as I can so my students can see the different textures and ways that they can combine elements together.
I would be happy to share the layout dimensions if there are people interested.